This award was instituted at the ECCAK Annual Meeting in Koyuk, Alaska, Mar. 6, 2003. The intent of this award is to annually recognize local Covenant lay persons who have made significant contribution to ministry in Alaska over many years of faithful service. The award is named after Daniel Savetilik, Sr. a faithful leader and servant for many years in the Shaktoolik Covenant Church.
Each church/institution can nominate one individual. Nominations should be made in writing and submitted to the Alaska Conference office by January 15 of each year. Nominations should be a one page narrative description of the contributions of the individual. Emphasis in the narrative should focus on:
- Number of years the individual has served. The idea is to recognize a person(s) who has a lengthy history of service.
- Local church involvement. How have they faithfully been serving and in what capacity?
- Regional involvement. In what ways has this person influenced and served their region?
Include first and last name of nominee and first and last name of the person submitting the name with telephone and email. This will help in case there are some questions about the nomination narrative.
- Online Nomination Form
- Word Document: Daniel-Savetilik-Annual-Award
- Email submissions to: email@example.com
- Mail submissions to: Alaska Conference Office, PO Box 200446, Anchorage, AK 99520
- Nomination forms will be submitted to the Alaska Conference Executive Board once they are received in the Alaska Conference office.
- The Superintendent will present candidates to the Executive Board for approval at a meeting prior to the conference Annual Meeting.
- The Alaska Conference Executive Board will review the nominations and select one person for the award annually.
- The person will be presented to the Annual Meeting for recognition and acceptance of the award.