Mission & Ministry
- Evangelical Covenant Church: The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is a rapidly growing multiethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents. Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the Word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through a faith with Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
- 2016 Mission & Ministry Video
- Start and Strengthen Churches – We are committed to start and strengthen healthy, missional churches, much like the Apostle Paul started and continued to strengthen churches in the New Testament. We believe the local church is God’s basic strategy to carry out mission in the world.
- Make and Deepen Disciples – We are committed to reach people with new life in Christ, and then to help them grow deeper in Christ. It is a lifelong journey of faith.
- Develop Leaders – We are committed to our clergy, through investing in their ongoing personal and professional growth. We also see very real opportunities to expand the training of our laity. In multiple venues we seek to develop all leaders or the church – both clergy and lay.
- Love Mercy, Do Justice – We are committed to pursuing compassion and justice through our world. From our inception the Covenant has been concerned with helping hurting people (love mercy), and addressing the causes of that hurt (do justice). From a biblically rooted perspective, we provide tangible ways of extending the love of Jesus in deed as well as work, and speak as an advocate.
- Serve Globally – We are committed to a global gospel – extending the whole gospel to the whole world. Through global partnerships and our own missionary team, we make and deepen disciples, start and strengthen churches, develop leaders, and love mercy and do justice.
- Stewardship: This national website exists to equip your church’s stewardship ministries with ideas and resources, and to help your congregational members grow deeply and fully in Jesus Christ. Stewardship is God’s resources deployed through God’s people to accomplish God’s mission. We believe that the practice of stewardship is a transformational journey that involves our head, our heart, and our hands.
- Bethany Benefits: Assists Covenant pastors, churches, and church workers in all of their health, long-term disability, and life insurance needs.
- Covenant Bookstore: Buy books and resources for ministry here.
- Camping: The Covenant has 22 camps available to serve you and your church ministry.
- Covenant Trust Company: Provides trustee and management services.
- National Covenant Properties: NCP provides investments to friends and members of The Evangelical Covenant Church in individual retirement accounts, health savings accounts, and certificate accounts in order to assist local congregations and church institutions with funding for capital improvement and loan needs.
- Pensions & Benefits: Pension and benefit information for church ministry personnel and Covenant employees.
- AVA (Advocacy for Victims of Abuse): The goals of AVA are to provide resources to bring healing to victims of abuse, equip the Church to minister to victims, and promote preventative measures against abuse.
- Covenant World Relief: Covenant World Relief is an effective and flexible humanitarian aid ministry with a sixty year history. CWR collaborates with partners around the world to provide relief, rehabilitation and transformational development. These partnerships increase local presence in service, reduce overhead, empower local ministries, and facilitate immediate response to disaster and human suffering. The charge of CWR is to love, serve and work together with the poor, the marginalized and the powerless.
- Covenant Enabling Residences: Covenant Enabling Residences seek to provide a safe and caring environment for developmentally disabled adults. CER offers a Christian alternative grounded on biblically-based values and standards. From this nurturing context, residents can realize their potential to participate in community.
- Paul Carlson Partnership: The Paul Carlson Partnership is an international relief and development organization affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church. The Partnership works together with people in places of deep poverty to catalyze the development of sustainable communities through economic development. In the process, we invest in the social systems that are necessary for healthy families and workers- primarily health care and education. We also address infrastructure problems that impede development, including transportation systems, power, and water.
- WellSpring Center for Hope: WellSpring Center for Hope provides a support system for victims of domestic violence. In an area where police receive more than 2,000 domestic violence calls a month, WellSpring provides a safe haven for victims in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood.
- Partnership to Fight Human Trafficking: The Human Trafficking project is initiated by Women Ministries and is a partnership throughout the Covenant to develop awareness of, and put a stop to, human trafficking.
- Alaska Christian College: ACC’s mission is accomplished through offering a Christ-centered and general studies education, providing a culturally relevant community that cares for the individual needs of each student, and modeling Godly character in everyday living.
- CHET (Centro Hispano de Estudios Teologicos): CHET, under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, serves to equip Hispanic-Latinos/as for pastoral and lay ministry, evangelism and discipleship, church planting and community transformation.
- North Park University: The mission of North Park University is to prepare students for lives of significance and service through education in the liberal arts, professional studies, and theology. Our vision is to fashion a community of uncommon character and enduring excellence where faith, learning, and service meet.
- North Park Theological Seminary: North Park Theological Seminary is the Evangelical Covenant Church’s sole graduate theological school. The Covenant’s ministry is strongly influenced by North Park, and the Seminary’s faculty provide a distinctive resource for the Covenant.